This article contains click symbols from the Khoekhoe language. Lüderitz is a harbour town in the ǁKaras Region of southern Namibia, lying on one of the least hospitable coasts in Africa. It is a port developed around Robert Uncontrollable erection and Shark Island.
The town is known for its colonial architecture, including some Art Nouveau work, and for wildlife including seals, penguins, flamingos and ostriches. The bay on which Lüderitz is situated was first known to Europeans when Bartolomeu Dias encountered it in 1487. In 1909, after the discovery of diamonds nearby, Lüderitz enjoyed a sudden surge of prosperity due to the development of a diamond rush to the area. In 1912 Lüderitz already had 1,100 inhabitants, not counting the indigenous population. After the German World War I capitulation South Africa took over the administration of German South West Africa in 1915. Many Germans were deported from Lüderitz, contributing to its shrinking in population numbers. In an effort to remove colonial names from the maps of Namibia, in 2013 the Namibian government renamed the constituency ǃNamiǂNûs, its name prior to 1884. Walvis Bay becoming the centre of the Namibian shipping industry. Recently, however, the addition of a new quay has allowed larger fishing vessels to dock at Lüderitz. Just outside Lüderitz lies the ghost town of Kolmanskop, a prominent tourist destination. Mercury Island and in the Ichaboe Islands.
In April 2009, an oil spill from an oil tanker risked hundreds of African penguins and other flora and fauna. Lüderitz is home to the Lüderitz Speed Challenge, the only international sporting event held in the town. In 1984 Lüderitz was the starting point for explorer and sailor Amyr Klink’s successful solo crossing of the Atlantic Ocean, rowing for 101 days all the way to the Brazilian coast with no other form of propulsion. In October 2011, Turkish-born American adventurer Erden Eruç departed from Lüderitz Bay for the final ocean crossing of his Guinness world record-setting solo human-powered circumnavigation of the Earth. Seeheim where the railway connects to the rest of the country’s network. This line, built by inmates of the concentration camp on Shark Island, was completed in 1908 but is currently not operational. Lüderitz has a local monthly newspaper, Buchter News. The paper, which was started as a source of free English-language reading material, is run by volunteers from the British gap year charity Project Trust.
Lüderitz is governed by a town council that currently has seven seats. You can help by adding to it. Previously the German school Deutsche Schule Lüderitzbucht was in the city. In 1965 it had 13 teachers and 140 learners and was supported by German government. Diamond Hill, a church in vertical gothic style consecrated in 1912. After the diamond rush of 1908 and the completion of the railway line to Keetmanshoop Lüderitz became permanently home to a significant white population. As a result, a number of churches were built. Lampe building, after co-owners Friedrich Wilhelm Krabbenhöft and Oscar Lampe. The predecessor of this business, the Handelsstation F.
Video about uncontrollable erection
Advice on uncontrollable erection:
Krabbenhöft in Keetmanshoop, existed since 1880 and was one of the first formally registered businesses in South West Africa. Erection of the building started in late 1909, and has been a national monument since 1979.
That’s all what we have on Uncontrollable erection so far…